[Local events] [Fwd: Call for Artists! Reality Based Art Exhibit: Episode I]

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Fri Feb 16 01:03:38 PST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Call for Artists! Reality Based Art Exhibit: Episode I
Date: 	Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:09:04 -0800
From: 	Cheryl Lohrmann <cheryl.lohrmann at gmail.com>
To: 	cheryl.lohrmann at gmail.com

Hello-

You are invited to participate in LEAVE NO PLASTIC BEHIND the first in
a series of REALITY-BASED art exhibitions.

Project Dates: March 1-June 1, 2007
Exhibit Opening: circa June 1, 2007 @ Madrona Hill Coffee Shop in N.
Portland (greeley at ainsworth)

Deadline for Intent to Participate: March 1, 2007
Goal: 1-2 pieces of work from 15 + participants

TO PARTICIPATE:
participate. Live for three months in conscious observance of your
plastic usage. Try to avoid the purchase or acquisition of single use
plastic items. If plastic happens, save it for the artwork you will
create from March 1st through the end of May. Attend the opening night
party and visit the artwork on display during the month of June at
Madrona Hill Cafe (N. Greeley @ Ainsworth).

OPTIONAL
1.Contribute to the video documentary of this project by providing
your insights and experiences as well as a look at your artistic
process leading up to the exhibit opening.
2.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Contribute to an online blog of your
experiences. Register and start a dialogue! Right now the "chat room"
is quite echo-y, but don't let that deter you.

ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS
We must be able to hang it on a wall. All proceeds from artwork go to
the artist, but must be made available for the "best of" exhibit
(which will occur within one year from the work's debut). If you have
specific questions, please ask.

NOT IN PORTLAND?
Start an exhibit in your neck of the woods. Let's go national!

+++++++

I hope to hear from you soon - please feel free to pass this along and
ask all the questions you can think of...

Best,

Cheryl