[Local events] free lecture on acoustics and art

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Fri Feb 16 20:43:12 PST 2007

Edelman Lecture presents Acoustic Expert Carl Giegold

Tuesday 2/20, 12:30 pm
Swigert Commons, PNCA
1241 NW Johnson

"What has happened to our hearing? Beyond all the rock concerts, leaf
blowers, and Harleys in our histories, there is also a certain quiet
neglect of which we are collectively guilty that further dulls a sense
once (and occasionally still) critical to our survival. What would it
mean for artists and architects to more fully appreciate the aural realm
and honor it in their work, and what could it mean to us as a culture to
reawaken this sense as another means of understanding our surroundings.
. . . "

http://www.pnca.edu/exposure/news/173/edelman-lecture-presents-carl-giegold