[Local events] Reminder: Sunday 3/25, Wallace/Graham reading

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Tue Mar 20 09:55:11 PDT 2007

Spare Room presents

Marc Wallace

K. Lorraine Graham

Sunday, March 25th
7:30 pm

*New American Art Union*
922 SE Ankeny
www.newamericanartunion.com
$5 suggested donation

www.flim.com/spareroom
spareroom at flim.com

Upcoming readings

(please note: spring readings take place in two different venues!)

Wed. 4/4 Corinne Fitzpatrick/tba Concordia Coffee House
Sun. 4/22 Susanne Dyckman/Rob Schlegel New American Art Union
Thurs. 4/26 Charles Alexander/tba tba

Sat. 5/12 Wig magazine pub. party w/Kit Robinson, Tim Shaner, et al. tba
Sun. 5/20 Rachel Zolf/Elizabeth Treadwell New American Art Union

Mark Wallace's books include Nothing Happened and Besides I Wasn't
There; Sonnets of a Penny-A-Liner; and Temporary Worker Rides A Subway.
He is the author of a multi-genre work, Haze, and a novel, Dead
Carnival. With Steven Marks, he edited Telling It Slant: Avant Garde
Poetics of the 1990s (University of Alabama Press). Forthcoming in 2007
is a book of short stories, Walking Dreams, and in 2008 a book of poems,
Felonies of Illusion. He is currently Assistant Professor of Creative
Writing at California State University San Marcos.

K. Lorraine Graham is the author of two chapbooks: Dear [Blank] I
Believe in Other Worlds (Phylum) and Terminal Humming (Slack Buddha).
Moving Walkways, a full-length chapdisk, is forthcoming from Narrowhouse
Recordings. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in Foursquare, My
Spaceship, Magazine Cypress, H u n d r e d s, MiPoesias Magazine, No
Tell Motel, Rock Heals, Submodern Fiction, Dusie, Mirage#4/Periodical,
Primary Writing, HOW2, and elsewhere.

PHOTOS FROM ABROAD

Castle and sandbox, interleague
craps hoot madhouse you're inside
miscues rattling down the road
delusions unfurled. You've come a long

hacked trap. Hawaiian real estate
not withholding loss or gain
in patented technique, what about
the people on the 39th floor?

Incredible no spill brain caps
offered in the best condos going
thereby leave top bugging systems
posing as heads of state.

We've got a shuttle launch to make
fooled scrunching, a comment
on why we're not home? A shine will counteract
unforseen last minute additions

of another lofty advancement ritual
for pilots too conflicted to fly.
Familiar harrowing transportation,
faked love and a frog in glass,

silly fluke to stake a career
on reports of heavy cheese.
Call it an adventure say.
Contact whoever's left to forget

side by side American sky deals
spinning in a first rate bubble,
two by two abandoned satellites
in the shadow of an international incident.

-- Marc Wallace

from See It Everywhere

swooning—not going to the UN but
never believed anything could be saved still
love seems a good idea: “God willing
you will find a wife” g-d willing in English

smile officers do and strip club bouncers do

nearly no one going is

~

polluted lagoons are pretty egrets don’t avoid them

~

stuckout limb & a complicated telephone poll series cut off

what can I do / why go home? in my body are biles—yours, too
track by the track and fences self in everyone

-- K. Lorraine Graham