[Local events] FWD: Help Save In Other Words

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Thu Dec 11 11:29:43 PST 2008

from In Other Words:

In Other Words, like so many of our fellow bookstores, has fallen upon
incredibly hard financial times.  With the decline in our current
economy, we have experienced severely decreased revenue.  *If we are
unable to raise $11,000 by the end of December, In Other Words will have
to close its doors.*

We desperately need your help.  *We are confident that if everyone who
cares about In Other Words makes a contribution, large or small, we will
meet our goal. * Please give as generously as you can to save the last
remaining non-profit, feminist bookstore in the country: the place where
so many Portland artists, activists, organizers, readers, writers,
political thinkers, musicians and poets find their voice, their power,
their community, and their political home.

*Our community cannot afford to lose In Other Words, please help us save
her!
*
You can make your tax-deductible donations on the In Other Words secure
website
<https://www.chi-cash-advance.com/sforms/appeal804/contribute.asp%20>,
or by stopping into the store (8 NE Killingsworth).

*Please forward this widely to your community, we need all the help we
can get!*

Sincerely,
The Board, Staff and Volunteers of In Other Words

--
Program Director, In Other Words
katie at inotherwords.org <mailto:katie at inotherwords.org>