[Local events] Fwd: Leave No Plastics Behind

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Sun Jul 6 22:02:45 PDT 2008

Who We Are:

Leave No Plastic Behind aims to creatively enlighten consumers of all
ages about the impact of single-use plastic on social progress and the
environment. Through a series of awareness raising events, this
collective (of new and established artists) considers the true costs of
modern convenience and demonstrates the importance of collaborative
resourcefulness between consumers, their communities and business.

What We’re Looking For:

Are you creative? Are you looking to volunteer your time for a
worthwhile cause? Look no further…

We are looking for 3-4 volunteers for two upcoming events. We will train
you the day of given the short notice.

Events and Dates:

July 12, 2008 at the Mississippi St. Fair!

Official hours of the fair are 11-7. Help with a shift or all day,
rotating, with breaks.

This is our closing night at the gallery space at Gumbo AND we will have
a booth with a progressive sculpture being constructed throughout the
day as well as craft activities.

BOOTH on the street
Shift #1: 10-1 p.m.(includes set up)
Shift #2: 1-4 p.m.
Shift #3: 4-7:30 (includes break down)

GUMBO
Shift #1: 11-2 p.m.
Shift #2: 2-5 p.m.
Shift #3: 5-7:30

July 23 at the Cracked Pots Recycled Art Fair at McMenamin's Edgefield.

We'll carpool as much as possible!

Shift #1: 12-3:30p.m. (includes set up)
Shift #2: 3:30-7:30 p.m. (includes break down)

What You Will Be Doing:

• Volunteers will be helping conduct a progressive art sculpture from
the plastic waste for the day (we'll provide gloves) and engage the
public in simple plastic crafts - like earrings!

• You will also learn what Leave No Plastics Behind is all about

If you can help, please contact Cheryl Lohrmann at:
cheryl at cheryllohrmann.com
For more information about LNPB, visit: http://plastic.cheryllohrmann.com/