[Local events] Fwd: Wed. 5/7, lecture on alternative monetary systems

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Mon May 5 12:16:34 PDT 2008

Stephen Zarlenga
Director of the American Monetary Institute

Wednesday, May 7
7:00 pm
First Unitarian Church
1011 SW 12th Ave

This event is free.

The Economic Justice Action Group (EJAG) of the First Unitarian Church
is sponsoring this talk, having adopted "alternative monetary systems"
as a focus in the coming year.

Reservations appreciated so that light refreshments can be arranged

Call 503 230-9698 or email dbean at solidnet.com

This monetary seminar will focus on why our money system is not working
for America and will include the following topics:

• America's Monetary Power has been usurped and privatized, leading to war.

• How and why the money power must be restored to society where it can
be used to promote the general welfare, instead of corrupt private agendas.

• How the money power became privatized, and is kept in place by false
theory.

• How a three step program restores it to society.

• Why inflation need not be a problem.

• How the facts demonstrate that counter to prevailing prejudice,
governmental control of money has a far superior record than private
control.

This is a hands on do-able reality based program, not a theory, with
many U.S. historical precedents, and more going as far back as Classical
Greece and Rome.

The Money system acts like a fourth branch of government, generally
affecting our daily lives more than the Executive, Judicial and
Legislative branches combined. Yet it has been privatized and is largely
outside the control of our democratic system of checks and balances
where it has unfairly concentrated wealth to obscene levels.

The American Monetary Institute is America's leading think tank focusing
on monetary history, theory and reform. Each September we hold a 3 day
monetary reform conference at Roosevelt University, where cutting edge
experts speak on those subjects. For more information:

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?RealWealthPDX/8e54b1799c/08c24f51d9/acbd7d178e

or ami at taconic.net