[Local events] FWD: Tomorrow, 4/9, Dicentra Collective at In Other Words

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Wed Apr 8 10:57:12 PDT 2009

from Carole Zoom:

      Dicentra Collective Discussion: Don't Stress It

providing & receiving care without falling prey to stress
Host:
CaroleZoom & Dicentracollective.org

Date:
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Time:
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location:
In Other Words Bookstore
Street:
8 NE Killingsworth, Portland, OR

Phone:
5032326003
Email:
info at dicentracollective.org <mailto:info at dicentracollective.org>

Join Dicentra Collective for April's event "Don't Stress It" at In Other
Words Bookstore. This month we will follow up on last month's event of
the same title with a workshop, speakers and discussion on stress and
burnout in our communities. Our goal is to challenge cultural structures
that place self care and care of each other outside of our definitions
of "work", "productivity" and what is means to be "active".
Additionally, we will be exploring concrete ways to prioritize and
provide care on the individual and community levels.