[Local events] Fri. 5/22, sitar recital

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Fri May 1 22:10:06 PDT 2009

from Josh Feinberg:

Sitar recital / house concert:

Josh Feinberg, sitar
Kuntal Roy, tabla

Friday, May 22
8:00 pm

5643 SW Sequoia Drive
Tualatin, OR 97062

$12 suggested donation

Hello everyone,

I'd like to invite you to a sitar recital I'll be giving on May 22nd.
The concert is graciously being hosted by a friend of mine and his
family at their house in Tigard. We will plan to start at 8:00 pm, but
please be sure to be there before the performance starts so late
arrivals don't disturb the atmosphere.

It is my pleasure to be accompanied on tabla by Sri Kuntal Roy.
Kuntal-da is a student of Pt. Shankar Ghosh, the famous tabla maestro
from Kolkata. Kuntal-da visits the Northwest for a few months every year
and this is a rare chance to see him in Portland.

Kuntal-da will also be available for tabla lessons and workshops while
he is in Portland. If you are interested, please contact me.
--
Joshua Feinberg
917 776 2801