[Local events] Thurs. 6/4, Jim McCrary & James Yeary

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Wed May 27 14:10:03 PDT 2009

/(please note that this is a *Thursday*, not our usual Sunday)/

Spare Room presents

Jim McCrary
James Yeary

*Thursday, June 4*
7:30 pm

Concordia Coffee House
2909 NE Alberta

$5.00 suggested donation

www.flim.com/spareroom
spareroom at flim.com

Upcoming Readings

June 14: Anne Gorrick & Deborah Woodard

July tba: Jennifer Bartlett & Sarah Mangold
July 12: Farrah Field & Jared White

August 6: Norma Cole & Lindsay Hill
August 16: Graham Foust & Eric Baus

*Jim McCrary: *Most recent publication /All That/ (ManyPenny Press,
2008). Chapbooks include /Being Frida Kahlo, My Book, Hotter Than and
Now, Holbox, Dive, She Said /and/ Mayaland/.  Has had the pleasure to
enjoy a drink with poets Paul Blackburn, Anne Waldmann, Joanne Kyger,
Maryrose Larkin, Judith Roitman, Monica Peck, Steve Tills, William S.
Burroughs, Ed Dorn and most recently Robert Baumann and Anne Boyer . . .
wished it would have been all at same time! Recent poems in Lawrence
issue of Locus Point Mag online, edited by Joe Harrington. He and wife
Sue Ashline live in Lawrence, Ks.

*James Yeary* occasionally poses as visual artist Nate Orton, with whom
he has printed the books /my night at chopsticks/, /my day at the
library/, and /my day walking across portland vol. 1: E 247th, Gresham
to E 41st/.  The my day series synthesize and disavow constraint,
procedure, and nonce writing, vying to use the text of the city itself
to illustrate the subaltern ego in all of us.  He has worked in print
and radio journalism and holds a Bachelor's in General Studies from the
University of Idaho.

*BEING LED ASTRAY---EKBALAM, YUCATAN*

Precise is a way of moving
and in a place like this
an advantage.

So one should very well
think before.

What one misses while considering
what one finds overwhelming.

Certainly one hears where to look.

To contemplate the advantage
of movement over an obstacle.

As instance
one who has gone to the top.

How could that *be*?    And why?

What  were   they thinking?

Would we have done something different.

Then again perhaps there is something
in the word pyramid.

*Jim McCrary*
from /Mayaland/

//

Marx is Back

"That's what I like to hear

pneumatic drill attempts to displace

the song stuck in my head

("our old flag was better")

This dance the flow of the gutter's puddle

to the drilling

"That sums up my feelings

to all modern architecture"

Trying to decide if a corner's important

Flapping tire mix't in w/ the recall

Feeling like dirt in an Ed Ruscha

Like the god of parking lots

*James Yeary*