[Local events] Mailing list shift

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Thu Sep 3 11:13:18 PDT 2009

Greetings.

For close to ten years, I've maintained two local event e-mail
announcement lists; at some point during that time, you found your way
onto one of them. I hope that you've found the mailings useful; the
lists have gradually grown to nearly five hundred names, and about a
thousand announcements have gone out over the duration.

You may have noticed a decrease in the volume of messages in the last
few months -- other commitments have reached a point such that I no
longer have time to devote to reading, selecting, reformatting, and
resending the scores of interesting announcements that come my way.

I regret to say that in the future, with occasional (and perhaps
whimsical) exceptions, I'll only be sending out notices for projects in
which I'm directly involved -- the Spare Room readings, one or two
closely associated reading series, my collaborative projects
(performance, curatorial, etc.), and so on.

I've known for some time that a more efficient announcement and calendar
system could be devised via the Web (and assorted devices), but that
will have to be someone else's project. A few people have expressed
interest in picking up the baton in some fashion, and I would be very
happy to support and facilitate any such efforts. If you'd like to be
involved, let me know, and I'll connect you to others.

To make it easier for folks to keep up with some of the "under the
radar" information that I was in the habit of forwarding, I've included
web and/or email addresses for a few individuals and organizations whose
mailings were most often my sources. I hope that you'll contact them and
get on their mailing lists, and that you'll encourage others to do the
same by forwarding the information on . . .

This contact list could of course be much more extensive; a local
directory of that sort would be another laudable project for someone
energetic to take on . . . no slight is meant by any omissions in this
list; I've merely skimmed the most recent active correspondents, and
I'll of course send out any corrections, additions, retractions, and so
forth, that come my way.

yours very truly,

DA

POETRY READINGS & LITERARY ORGANIZATIONS

Tangent Reading Series,
Jules Boykoff, Rodney Koeneke, Kaia Sand:
www.thetangentpress.org/readings.html
Smorg at the Waypost, Jesse Morse: poetmorse at yahoo.com
If Not For Kidnap, Donald Dunbar: normalghost at gmail.com
Three Friends Coffee House, Melissa Sillitoe: msillitoe at gmail.com
Writer's Dojo, www.writersdojo.org
Cover to Cover (Vancouver, WA), Christopher Luna: christopherjluna at gmail.com
DIVA series (Eugene), Tim Shaner: twshaner at comcast.net
Dan Raphael: raphael at aracnet.com
Paulann Petersen: paulann at paulann.net

Independent Publishing Resource Center: info at iprc.org
PSU Literary Blog: gradlitorg.blogspot.com

FILM, MUSIC, PERFORMANCE

40 Frames: www.40frames.org
Cinema Project: www.cinemaproject.org

Performance Works NW: www.performanceworksnw.org