[Local events] From Jim Carmin: David Huerta, great Mexican poet, in Portland 1/16/10

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Sat Jan 9 19:03:10 PST 2010

Dear friends,

An exciting poetry event is happening in Portland soon.  One of the
finest Mexican poets, David Huerta, will be giving a *free* *poetry
reading* at the First Unitarian Church in Portland on Saturday, *January
16 *at* 7:00 pm*.

This is a rare opportunity to attend a reading of a master of Mexican
poetry; Huerta will read in Spanish, and his translator Marc Schafer
will read in English.

For more information take a look at the link to the /Oregonian/ article
and read the attached official press release from Copper Canyon Press
who last year published the first substantial English translation of his
work.  His poem, "Concerning Sound," is also attached.

http://www.oregonlive.com/books/index.ssf/2010/01/mexican_poet_david_huerta_will.html

And more information and poems here:

http://www.beforesaying.com/#

I hope to see you there so we can talk about how great an event it was
afterwards!

Cheers,

  Jim