[Local events] FWD: Fri. 6/17, Andy Couturier book/slide talk

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Wed Jun 15 00:10:22 PDT 2011

Inner Sustainability:
Inspiration from Japan on Living a Rewarding, Ecologically Friendly Life

Andy Couturier

Friday, June 17
7:00 - 8:30 pm
$12

New Renaissance Bookshop
1338 NW 23rd Ave
503.224.4929  newrenbooks.com

Join author, writing teacher, and traveler Andy Couturier for an
inspiring reading and slide presentation at New Renaissance Books.

In his latest book, /A Different Kind of Luxury: Japanese Lessons in
Simple Living and Inner Abundance/, Couturier profiles eleven
contemporary men and women that have made the transition to sustainable,
deeply fulfilling lives in the mountains of Japan. By presenting the
journeys of these ordinary yet exceptional people, Couturier shows how
we, too, can travel a meaningful path of living simply, with respect for
our communities and our natural resources.

Andy Couturier is a Puschart Prize-nominated writer and the author of
Writing Open the Mind. He lived in Japan for four years, where he worked
on environmental causes. Read more about Andy's work at the web site of
his Bay Area writing center, theopening.org