[Local events] CORRECTION: Nguyen & Morse

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Sun May 8 19:59:31 PDT 2011

/(5/14 was right; it's May 14, next weekend, not June as I mistakenly
typed!)/

*Hoa Nguyen & Jesse Morse *

*Saturday, May 14*
6:30 p.m.

*Switchyard Studios*
109 SE Salmon St.
theswitchpdx.blogspot.com

The Switch Reading, Art, and Music Series is happy to announce the
successful result of our Kickstarter fundraising campaign! Thanks to
generous donations from members of the community, the poet Hoa Nguyen of
Austin, Texas, will be reading with local poet Jesse Morse.

*Hoa Nguyen* was born in the Mekong Delta, raised in the DC area, and
studied poetics in San Francisco. With poet Dale Smith, she edits the
journal and book imprint /Skanky Possum/. She is the author of eight
books and chapbooks including /Chinaberry/ (Fact Simile, 2010), /Kiss A
Bomb Tattoo /(Effing, 2009) and /Hecate Lochia/ (Hot Whiskey, 2009). She
currently lives in Austin, where she curates a reading series and
teaches creative writing.

*Jesse Morse* lives in Portland, Oregon. His work has recently appeared
in /Past Simple, Slack Lust/,/ /and/ Unheimliche/. He'll have two
chapbooks out this year: /Rotations/ (C_L Press) and /paragraphs for
dolphins/ (Thuggery & Grace). He runs the Smorg reading series. He plays
guitar and sings in The Whirlies. He spends a lot of time outside with
his dog Hank.