[Local events] FWD: 6/1, The Last Nomads

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Mon May 9 23:35:08 PDT 2011

The Borneo Project invites you to attend a film screening and discussion of

*/The Last Nomads/*

Wednesday, June 1
7:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:30)

Hollywood Theater
4122 NE Sandy Boulevard

Suggestion donation $20. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Under 21 years old $5 -- $10, students $7.
\RSVP encouraged. Please email info at borneoproject.org to reserve your
tickets. You will receive a notice when tickets are available online.

Join us for an enthralling evening with Ian Mackenzie & the Borneo
Project. We'll screen /The Last Nomads/ -- Banff Mountain Film Festival
Grand Prize winner. The film follows Ian, a linguist & ethnographer, on
his yearly trek through the threatened Borneo rainforest, with the last
remaining nomadic hunter-gatherers, the Penan.

Ian Mackenzie will be present to discuss the film, his experience
working with the Penan, and to sign copies of his book /Nomads of the
Dawn/. The film will be followed by a reception with Ian Mackenzie in
the theater lobby.

All net proceeds raised will support The Borneo Project
(www.borneoproject.org). For the last twenty years, the Borneo Project
has worked to bring international attention and support to community-led
efforts to defend forests, sustainable livelihoods, and human rights. We
believe that protecting human rights and environmental integrity in
Borneo is a critical component of the global movement for a just and
peaceful world. Learn more at www.borneoproject.org.