[Local events] FWD: Local 14 Art show/sale, 9/29-10/2

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Sat Sep 24 12:10:04 PDT 2011

from Geraldine Foote:

2011 Local 14 Art Show & Sale

September 29 - October 2

Miller Hall, World Forestry Center
4033 Southwest Canyon Road
(Zoo exit off Hwy. 26; Washington Park MAX stop)

see www.local14.org for open hours each day

The annual Local 14 Art Show & Sale represents the artwork of
approximately 95 talented women artists from throughout the Pacific
Northwest.

Local 14 has a mission to support and encourage professional and
emerging women artists. This is accomplished by providing professional
exposure to the community during the show, and by awarding scholarships
to outstanding women art students.

Geraldine Foote will have poetry and art at the LOCAL 14 art show next
weekend.

The door admission raises money for art scholarships, and our new
/Artists' Book of Days /to be released during the show raises money
for  scholarships as well as for  the Oregon Food Bank.

My basic Peace Leaves gift poem series includes 50 short  letterpressed
poems on  leaf shaped fine arts papers. In addition to the Peace Leaves
sold in many stores  (such as New Seasons, Annie Blooms), my LOCAL 14
offerings will include poetry hangings, ornaments & garlands which
include objects from the natural world (shells, branches, bark, lichen),
beads and ribbon,  matchboxes with poetry collages, poetry collage
checkbook covers,  along with framed and unframed watercolors with poems,