[Local events] FWD: City-wide sidewalk chalk art project

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Wed Aug 1 17:28:17 PDT 2012

/from Sean Tenney at Physicians for Social Responsibility:
/
http://www.psr.org/chapters/oregon/events/out-of-the-shadows.html

*Peace and community groups in Portland will mark their 50th year of
commemorating the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with a city-wide
sidewalk chalk art project.
*
*What: *A participatory public art project chalking outlines of human
bodies on sidewalks around Portland to symbolize the many people who
were vaporized by the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, leaving behind
nothing but their silhouettes etched in stone. We do this to honor the
hundreds of thousands of lives lost, and to encourage others to join our
work for a world free of nuclear weapons.

*When:* Ongoing, through Monday August 6.

*Where: *Shadows will be drawn on public sidewalks, concentrating on the
downtown core but extending throughout Portland.

*How to participate:*

For information, chalk, cardboard outlines, flyers, and guidelines on
locations, contact
Sean Tenney at Physicians for Social Responsibility
sean at oregonpsr.org, 503-274-2720 (o), 503-730-4520 (c)

--
Please note new email address:
david at thetextgarage.com