[Local events] Sat. 8/18, Writing excursion in the Japanese Garden

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Sat Aug 11 15:51:43 PDT 2012

*Writing Places: Creative Excursions in and around Portland*

/sponsored by the Literary Arts Program, Multnomah Arts Center
/ *
Borrowed Scenery: Portland Japanese Garden*
David Abel
*/Saturday, August 18, 12:00 -- 5:00 pm/
*
The Garden is an ideal setting for contemplation and observation. We'll
meet briefly in the back room of a nearby cafe to consider some of the
basic principles behind the design of the garden and their
relationships to writing, and then we'll wander the garden paths and
write. Several exercises will help jump-start the writing process. After
our visit, we'll return to the cafe and share our results, with time for
feedback and ideas for furthering what we've begun.

For more information, see the Writing Places page
<http://www.multnomahartscenter.org/2012/05/08/writing/> on the MAC site.

*To register, call 503-823-2787. *

You can download a complete Multnomah Arts Center course schedule here
<http://www.multnomahartscenter.org/>.

/The excursion leaders reflect Portland's avant-garde writing community
and offer unique prose and poetry writing exercises at each place.  It's
great intellectual stimulation . . . If you want to get a different
perspective of the metro area, I highly recommend signing up for one or
more./ -- Artist and writer Paula McNamee