[Local events] FWD: Wed. 8/29, Wolf, Wiatr, Wernet, Chestnut

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Mon Aug 20 13:20:02 PDT 2012

An evening of readings, featuring Mend My Dress Press authors and guests

*Alexis Wolf*

*Zosia Wiatr*

*Valerie Wernet*

*Neely Chestnut*

Wednesday, August 29

7:00 pm

*In Other Words Bookstore*

14 NE Killingsworth

*Alexis Wolf* is a writer originally from the Northwest, but now based
in the UK. Her poems and essays have appeared in a variety of journals.
Her biographical zine about Mary Wollstonecraft, /Hyena in Petticoats/,
was written in 2010, and her per/zine /Ilse Content/ has been running
since 2004, and she will read from her recently published /Ilse Content
Anthology/.

*Zosia Wiatr* is a Portland poet who regularly engages in poetics-based
projects and discussions. She hosts two blogs including the online
interview column, /Boisson/Artiste/. Her poem, /The Work of the
Guide,/ was recently featured in the /Oregonian/.

*Valerie Wernet* is a conceptual poet and essayist, working with/in
found archives and found text. She lives and works in Portland.

*Neely Chestnut* is a writer and independent publisher living in Tacoma,
WA. Her perzine,/ Mend My Dress/, is known for its prose and stark
honesty. She recently released a songbook of lyrics for the band Adrift,
which she fronts.