[Local events] FWD: Shadows project (Daedalus/Davis) Kickstarter campaign

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Thu May 16 15:10:29 PDT 2013

/from Anna Daedalus:

/Dear Friends,

I'm collaborating with Kerry Davis on a suite of body-length photograms
that evoke the shadows of victims vaporized by the atomic bombings of
Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We've been working on this project since 2012,
having begun as members of the artists-and-writers collective 13 Hats.
/Shadows/ is supported in part by a project grant from the Regional Arts
& Culture Council.

*I invite you to help us* complete the project by donating to our
Kickstarter campaign
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260665466/shadows-2>.

Last week we held a public photo session in which participants were
invited to lend their shadows in commemoration. A selection of the
resulting images will be on view June 6 -- August 11 at the Oregon
Nikkei Legacy Center, in conjunction with the 2013 commemoration
of Hiroshima Day.

*Today we're heading to the darkroom* to start developing these
life-size images from 99-foot long rolls of photographic paper. We
imagine it will be a moving experience to see these shadows emerge as we
serpentine the paper through trays that we've custom built for the purpose.

*Campaign Rewards: Catalogue & Poster*

A trifold exhibition catalogue beautifully designed by Leo Daedalus will
contain photographs of Shadow Box photograms with an essay by David
Abel, and an accompanying poster will feature images from our related
project, /Water Shadows/, with poems written for the project by
Standard Schaefer and David Abel. There are limited-edition print
portfolio rewards as well.

*See more information plus a video and photographs from the project on
our Kickstarter project page
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260665466/shadows-2>. We'd love to
have your support!*

Peace and many thanks,
Anna

PS. In case the links don't come through, here it is:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260665466/shadows-2

Anna Daedalus
503-267-5835. annadaedalus.com <http://annadaedalus.com/>