[Local events] FWD: Sun 11/23, Free Workshop with Kaia Sand

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Thu Nov 6 20:18:50 PST 2014

*Free Drop-in Poetry Workshop with Kaia Sand**
* <http://kaiasand.net/drop-in-poetry-workshop/>
*Sunday, November 23**
*12:30 - 2:00 pm

*Multnomah Public Library, North Portland Branch**
*second floor (computer lab & exhibition space)
512 N. Killingworth

No registration necessary, but you are welcome to email Kaia to let her
know you are coming: sand at kaiasand.net

Information for participants:

For supplies, just bring pen & and notebook. We will be creating new
writing, not working with previous writing. Poet Kaia Sand will lead
group participants in poetry writing that involves listening and
movement. We will create a group poem, and participants will leave with
the beginning of new writing.

The workshop will take place in the exhibit space for /Passing It On/
<https://multcolib.org/events/passing-it-new-work-watcher-files-project/33172>,
an interactive art and poetry exhibit Sand collaborated on with Garrick
Imatani and others as part of their artist residency at the City
Archives, commissioned by the Regional Arts and Culture Council. Sand
will share some of the poetry composition strategies she used for the
exhibit.