[Local events] Giveforward campaign for David Meltzer

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Fri Oct 3 01:42:12 PDT 2014

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/5ys5/poet-david-meltzer

David Meltzer -- poet, musician, chronicler of the Beat poets, editor of
anthologies, and author of more than fifty books -- needs our help.

Some of the recipients of these announcements may remember the wonderful
reading he and Julie Rogers gave two years ago at Mother Foucault's
Bookstore. We had been trying to get David to Portland for many years.

David's health has been precarious for some time -- with a serious liver
disease, diabetes, and chronic osteoarthritis -- but his determination
is seemingly bottomless. He recently had major surgery, and while he's
recuperating friends have mounted a campaign on /Giveforward/ to raise
funds to help with his medical expenses.

You can read more about David's life and work, and his situation, and
contribute to the campaign, here:
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/5ys5/poet-david-meltzer