[Local events] Correction: NEW TIME -- Sun. 11/16: Tim Shaner & Kyle Schlesinger

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Sun Oct 26 16:27:14 PDT 2014

/*<< Please note that this reading will begin at 2:00 pm >>*/

Spare Room presents

*Tim Shaner & Kyle Schlesinger**
*

*Sunday, November 16**
*2:00 pm

*Glyph Café and Art Space <http://www.glyphpdx.com>**
*804 NW Couch Street --- corner of NW Park
503-719-5481

$5 suggested donation

*Tim Shaner*'s first book of poems, /Picture X/, is recently out from
Airlie Press. He has a PhD from SUNY Buffalo's Poetics program; while in
Buffalo, he co-curated the Rust Talks series. He was an editor of /Wig/,
a magazine on writing work, and from 2008-14 he curated the A-New
reading series in Eugene, Oregon, where he lives and teaches writing at
Lane Community College.

*Kyle Schlesinger* is the author of /Parts of Speech/ (Chax Press,
2014), /The Do How/ (with James Yeary; Great Fainting Spells, 2014), and
other works. He is the proprietor of Cuneiform Press and an Associate
Professor of Publishing at University of Houston-Victoria.

f*rom "Shelldwellers"**
*
How do you stop a word from popping up like a cookie? You
Start out with /invention/ and end up on /convention/, which is a lower
Score. What's a song without a melody? you ask. A song that makes
Melody of the cracks. /Got that?/ It's like you're nowhere more present

Precisely as you're shifting. Jobs should stay put, though. I want one
That's tedious but short. A job I can dream on, so I can get back to
/Work/. This scenery stinks of economics. Dish out a few particulars and
You've got a full meal (the kind that makes you famished in a short
hour), or

/Can I go now? /You want extra sauce just so it tastes like anything, or
/A debriefing system/. Here's a list and a pencil for marking off, a
residual form
Of labor, shoveled under like so much, if I may, raw sewage. Brings us back

To the same spot of time, or /back to the future./ Is the brain a taser?
Can
Spring cleaning cleanse? Coffee and the news do not make a mise-
En-scène . What /is/ found there? Hit the space bar to get a clue

*Tim Shaner*

*OFF THE HOOK*
/for CW/

You wouldn't believe it