[Local events] Daedalus Books presents Tim Shaner and Karen McPherson

James Yeary juniorvarsityyardsale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:42:49 PDT 2015

Daedalus Books presents Airlie Press poets Tim Shaner and Karen McPherson

            at

Daedalus Books

2074 NW Flanders

Portland, OR

Thursday July 30

7pm

Karen McPherson is the author of the poetry chapbook Sketching Elise
(Finishing Line Press, 2012) and her poems and translations have appeared
in numerous literary journals. A professor of French at the University of
Oregon, she has also published two scholarly monographs and a book-length
translation into English of poetic essays by Quebec poet Louise Warren. She
lives in Eugene, Oregon, with her life partner, Elise.

Tim Shaner’s life has been one marked by travel, from growing up in Addis
Ababa, to his travels in Brazil as a young adult, to living in West Berlin,
London, Brighton, and New York City. He holds an M.A. in Creative Writing
from Antioch University (London) and a Ph.D. in English from SUNY-Buffalo’s
Poetics Program. He currently lives in Eugene, Oregon, with his wife and
daughter, and teaches writing at Lane Community College.

 About Airlie Press:

Run by writers, the press is dedicated to cultivating and sustaining fine
contemporary poetry. We produce one or two full-length volumes a year,
offering poets who live in the Pacific Northwest a local, shared-work
publishing alternative. All funds earned through book sales, subscription
orders, and contributions are returned to Airlie Press for the creation of
new books of poetry. We know our terrain–human, poetic, and geographic. We
are poets of place in the widest sense.

This event is free to the public.