[Local events] FWD: Call to Writers for MAC poetry post

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Mon Jul 27 17:21:07 PDT 2015

Have your poetry or prose featured on the poetry post at the Multnomah
Arts Center <http://www.multnomahartscenter.org/>, a program of Portland
Parks & Recreation. This poetry post was built and designed by five
local artists, and is popular; nearly 200 poems are taken from the post
each month. We seek to feature work from our community that gives pause
and invites beauty.

Here are some guidelines for sending work:

  * Send up to two writings as Word attachments or via mail.
  * Writings should be no longer than one single-spaced page.
  * Writings should be appropriate for people of all ages.
  * Along with your writing, attach a five-sentence writer’s bio, email
    address, and phone number.

A panel of writers will choose work from the submissions to feature on
our poetry post for up to a month.

Please send your work by September 1, 2015 to be considered by our
panel. Please share widely!

Send by email to
Judith.Pulman at portlandoregon.gov

or mail to