[Local events] FWD: Tonight: Guru Purnima with Michael Stirling at Fly Awake Tea Garden

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Fri Jul 31 11:58:17 PDT 2015

Guru Purnima with Michael Stirling <http://www.flyawakepdx.com/events>

Friday, July 31
8:00 pm (music at 10:00 pm)

Fly Awake Tea Garden <http://www.flyawakepdx.com>
3514 NE 13 Avenue (at Fremont)

Guru purnima is a full moon night on which the Guru/spiritual teacher is
celebrated. Stirling is a disciple of Pandit Pran Nath and student of
Maestro Terry Riley. He will be sharing his art of Raga (Indian
classical music) singing.

Event begins at 8 with tea and snacks. We will also be building a
shrine, so we would like to encourage you to bring objects and images of
your teachers.

At 10:00, the singing will begin and will continue until 11:45. We will
be lighting the fire puja during the final musical piece.