[Local events] FWD: Thu 6/18, Sue Schaefer at Broadway Books

David Abel david at thetextgarage.com
Tue Jun 16 13:21:45 PDT 2015

*Sue Schaefer* reads from her novel

*/Now I Am Here Doing This/*

*Thursday, June 18*
7:00 pm

*Broadway Books* <http://www.broadwaybooks.net>
1714 NE Broadway

The setting is 1984 in the Pacific Northwest and Val, an unconventional
mother and artist, knows she's losing her daughter Hana but doesn't know
to what to do about it.  A domestic detective story, Now I Am Here Doing
This is about mothers, daughters, art, adolescence, memory, crime,
death, secrets, love, illusion, loss, and redemption.

Schaefer is a Portland artist and writer. In her most recent project
she painted a sentence every Tuesday for a year from page 147 of found,
random books. /Now I Am Here Doing This/ is her first novel.