[Local events] FWD: Tues 4/5, Christian Kaylor on the Portland Economy at Hand-Eye Supply

David Abel david at passagesbookshop.com
Sun Apr 3 21:01:08 PDT 2016

04/05/16 - Christian Kaylor: Oregon Employment Department

View this email in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=93755a8380&e=201f7221b9>
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=9ba712f15c&e=201f7221b9>
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=08468b7142&e=201f7221b9>
April 5th at 6:00 pm
Christian Kaylor: Workforce Economist
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=1a5d9697fe&e=201f7221b9>
*Portland by the Numbers: Three Questions You Were Afraid to Ask About the
Portland Economy *
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=a7134552ba&e=201f7221b9>

We know that Portland is a special place. But what is it exactly, that
makes Portland special? How does Portland measure up to other American
Cities? Together, we’ll look at the strengths, weaknesses and unintended
side effects of Portland’s booming economy in 2016.

*Christian Kaylor is a Workforce Economist for the Oregon Employment
Department, specializing in the Portland area. He provides data analysis
and advice relating to the Portland economy to local businesses, business
associations and government agencies to facilitate intelligent decision
making. His monthly newsletter on the Portland economy has 700 subscribers.
*

*Upcoming at the Hand-Eye Supply Curiosity Club*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=affbefa026&e=201f7221b9>
*04/19/16 - Portland Design Week Panel Discussion:
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=6542abd9aa&e=201f7221b9>Creating
in the Brain You Have*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=45960cc595&e=201f7221b9>
Hand-Eye Supply presents the third installment in the Process, Praxis and
Pitfalls series. A panel of Curiosity Club Alumni will share tales of
tribulation and triumph from their personal and creative paths.

*05/17/16 - Anne Richardson: Oregon Cartoon Institute with Carl Abbott: The
Urban West
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=4771fb95bc&e=201f7221b9>*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=9c50db5e38&e=201f7221b9>

Portland is a pop machine. The first American political cartoonist to
achieve superstar status, Homer Davenport, made his professional debut in
Portland. Mel Blanc, the most revered voice artist in the world, made his
debut in Portland. Is this a simple coincidence?
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=a08474d994&e=201f7221b9>

*Meetings take place fortnightly on Tuesdays at 6pm at: Hand-Eye Supply 427
NW Broadway Portland, OR 97209-3801 About the **Curiosity Club*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=18738bef70&e=201f7221b9>

*Ex Curiositas, Scientia.* We pledge to learn with out prejudice in pursuit
of our mutual goal; perpetual noviceship. We admit that it is impossible to
know everything about anything and thus we remain perpetually curious and
perpetually novice.

Established in October 2010, the *Hand-Eye Supply Curiosity Club*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=5437ca05b0&e=201f7221b9>
is a series featuring an eclectic group of speakers across a broad range of
subjects around our shared interests in the areas of culture, design,
science, technology, art, fabrication, design techniques and lost common
knowledge.

Curiosity Club is made merrier by our fellow artisans at *Fort George
Brewery in Astoria, OR.*
<http://handeyesupply.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8afb769cc223323bc12fcf52a&id=0b6af4cc32&e=201f7221b9>
*Copyright © 2016 Hand-Eye Supply, All rights reserved.*

*Our mailing address is:*
Hand-Eye Supply
427 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209