[Gene Frumkin list] Deadline for SES issue

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Tue Aug 14 15:10:48 PDT 2007

There's a note below with a firm deadline for submissions to the Saint
Elizabeth Street issue devoted to Gene. If you've been meaning to send
something, but haven't gotten around to it, now's the time to do it!

I've asked Jennifer to send me copies of the files of all the photos
that she receives, for Gene's archive, and for possible use in future
publications. If you sent photos, and for any reason you don't wish for
her to send me copies, please let her know. I would not reuse any images
without first obtaining permission, and giving due credit.

Full details on the September 27 Santa Monica Library event, and the
November 1 UCLA event, coming soon.

best,

DA

(from Jennifer Bartlett:)

Hi Friends,

News on the SES issue -- I have started creating PDF filed for
everyone's poems. A few things -- I have decided to take out the
dedications at the top of everyone's poems. As the entire issue is for
Gene, it seems redunant. I am also considering not putting bios in. I
think everyone knows everyone and I think it will add to the quietness
of the piece just to put up poems.

I have decided to list your names on the page which will link to PDFs of
your poems. Your poem titles will not be on this page. Readers will
click on your name and it will go to your poem. For this reason, I would
prefer to have one poem per poet. Please email me with which poem you
prefer.

The ABSOLUTE DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1ST. Jim will be doing the work on the
Jewish holidays -- as NY gets these off school and the issue will be out
by Nov 1st.

For the photos we hope to create a slide show. Send all photos you want!
For sound, we hope to link to You Tube.

If you have any questions about the above, or suggestions . . . write me!

PLEASE lets get more people, this is a great project!

Love, JB