Subject: X-10 Mail-order Survey
Newsgroups: comp.home.automation

[last modified: 08-Jul-04]

The latest version of this file can be accessed via my web page at:
http://www.rdrop.com/users/billmc

X-10 Mail-order Survey
Bill McFadden
[email-masked]

Please send additions or corrections to me.  Changes preceded by "|".

Here are the results of my survey of X-10 mail-order prices.  I have
contacted the following suppliers and asked for the prices of three
standard X-10 items.  I have calculated each supplier's discount based on
US list prices for the total cost of the three items (not including
shipping).

The three items were:

  o CP290 xmit-only computer interface and timer
  o SD533 sundowner mini-controller
  o VS5600 security system (PS561 console with voice dialer and SH624 remote)

  SUPPLIER                       PHONE           DISCOUNT        LAST DATA  LOC

----- 120V X-10 PRODUCTS -----

| Aartech Canada                 416-760-3105     ?              08-Jul-04  CA
|    http://www.aartech.ca

  Advanced Home Automation       800-265-6938     ?              01-May-97  CA
                                 905-655-5355

  Advanced Services, Inc.        800-263-8608    32%             01-May-97  US
                                 508-747-5598
      http://www.asihome.com

  All Secure                     800-535-1818     6%             01-May-97  US
                                 619-449-1818
      http://www.hometeam.com/secure/hc/hc.htm

  Baran-Harper Group             905-294-6473    28%             01-May-97  CA
      http://www.baran-harper.com/

  Bass Home Electronics          860-561-9542    see notes       15-Jul-98  US
      http://www.BassHome.com/

  Canadian Control & Automation  905-470-9121     ?              01-May-97  CA

  Domoselect                     800-419-3666     ?              15-Jul-98  CA
      http://www.domoselect.qc.ca/

  Fernbrook                      828-524-6125    23%             05-Feb-99  US
      http://www.dnet.net/frnbrook/

  HI-Tech Home Systems           800-442-1996     ?              01-Sep-98  US

  Home Automation, Inc.          504-833-7256     ?              01-May-97  US

  Home Automation & Security     800-254-5950    20%             01-May-97  US
                                 201-292-9300
      http://www.homegear.com

  Home Automation Systems        800-762-7846    24%             01-May-97  US
                                 714-708-0610
      http://smarthome.com

  Home Controls, Inc.            800-266-8765    20%             01-May-97  US
                                 619-693-8887
      http://homecontrols.com

  HOME CONTROLS & SYSTEMS        613-225-7142    13% (see notes) 07-Jul-98  CA

  HomeTech Solutions             888-257-4406    20%             01-May-97  US
                                 408-257-4406
      http://www.gohts.com/home/index.html

  Hybrid Technical Systems       800-289-2001    22%             28-Feb-95  US
      [email-masked]

  Lashen Electronics             201-627-3783    29%             01-May-97  US
      http://www.lashen.com/

  Llewellyn Data Processing      800-588-3382    25% (see notes) 06-Oct-97  US
                                 201-573-8877
      http://www.maxmax.com/automate.htm

  MoTron Electronics             800-338-9058     ?              01-May-97  US
                                 503-687-2118

  Mountain Vista Supply          520-452-0547    40%             01-May-97  US

  Off The Shelf                  800-458-6423     ?              09-Mar-95  US
                                 509-670-6417

  Parts Express                  800-338-0531    see notes       08-Jan-98  US
                                 937-222-0173
      http://www.parts-express.com

  Radio Shack                                     0% (see notes) 02-May-97
      http://www.radioshack.com

  Tecno Home                     051-333-9427     ?              15-Jul-98  BR
      http://www.tecnohome.com.br/

  Total Home Automation          604-970-5964     0%             02-Jan-96  CA
      [email-masked]

  Worthington Distribution       800-282-8864    40%             01-May-97  US
                                 717-226-8864
      http://www.worthdist.com

  X-10 USA                       800-675-3044     0%             29-Jul-98  US
      http://www.x10.com

  X-10 Canada                    905-624-4446     0%             29-Jul-98  CA
      http://www.x10.com/canada/index.htm

----- 220V X-10 PRODUCTS -----

  ASTRUC d.o.o. Pula             ++385 52 210-53  see notes      04-Mar-00  HR
      http://astruc.iii.hr

  Eon3 Home Automation           +61 08 9470 5984 ?              06-Jan-99  AU
      http://www.eon3.com/

  Martek Electronics BV          +31 416 692670   ?              26-Oct-01  NL
      [email-masked]

  Home Control PLC               01603 879080     ?              01-Nov-98  UK

  IntelliHome                    +32 16 65 55 90  ?              15-Jul-98  BE
      http://www.intellihome.be/

  Laser Business Systems         0181 441 9788    ?              07-Nov-97  UK
      http://www.io.com/~lbs

  PLM System                     33-141-137-941   ?              04-May-98  FR
      http://www.plmsystem.com/

  X-10 Europe                    33 1 53 30 80 70 ?              29-Jul-98  FR
      http://www.x10.com/x10euro.htm

----- X-10 PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS -----

  Advanced Control Technologies  317-337-0100     *              01-Sep-98  US
      http://www.act-solutions.com

  Marrick Limited                407-323-4467     *              02-May-97  US
      http://marrickltd.com

  Leviton                        800-824-3005                    01-Sep-98  US
      http://www.leviton.com

  X-10                           800-675-3044     *              01-Sep-98  US
      http://www.x10.com

  X-10 Pro                                                       01-Sep-98  US
      http://www.x10pro.com

* sells directly to consumers

NOTES:
  o There is a large list of supplier links at
    http://www.infinet.com/~dhoehnen/ha/list.html
  o The X-10 FAQ is at:
    ftp://ftp.scruz.net/users/cichlid/public/x10faq
  o UK home automation site is at:
    http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/
  o Most suppliers have no minimum order requirement.
  o Advanced Control Technologies manufactures "PCC" line of X-10 products.
  o Bass Home Electronics sells only Leviton and X10 Pro lines.
  o HOME CONTROLS & SYSTEMS sells only into the Canadian market.  Discount
    calculated based on Canadian list prices.
  o Llewellyn Data Processing sells limited selection of X-10 modules, as
    well as Max-Ctrl system, a bidirectional IR and X-10
    controller/receiver that interfaces to a PC parallel port and includes
    Windows software.
  o Marrick Limited's X-10 product is an RS-232 to TW523 converter and
    co-processor (kit and assembled).
  o Parts Express has a limited selection of X-10 products with discounts
    ranging from 0% to 30%.
  o Radio Shack has X-10 sale several times a year with lowest prices on
    popular modules and controllers.
  o ASTRUC d.o.o. currently ships only to Bosnia and Croatia.
  o The following suppliers have changed names:
        Automation Plus has changed its name back to Mountain Vista Supply.
        Home Control Concepts is now known as Home Controls, Inc.
        Hometech Control Systems is now known as Home Control PLC.
        Menage Automation is now known as HomeTech Solutions.
  o The following suppliers apparently have gone out of business:
        Complete Home Automation
        Home Automation Labs
        JaMar Distributing, formerly known as SuMar Enterprises
        SmartTech