DeskCam Technical Notes
My "DeskCam" is LIVE! It is a Connectix Color QuickCam
(which is now owned by Logitech) running
under Windows NT4. I use Neil Kolban's Webcam32, version
5.0.1. The image is uploaded every 5 minutes. You may need to refresh
your screen to see the current image. To create the 'BIG SCREEN'
look, the image is set to a width of 60% of the browser window. Image
quality obviously suffers, but then it isn't much to begin with. Well,
and we're talking real high quality subject matter as well. The actual
image size is 320 X 240 and averages about 14K bytes. If you're using
Netscape, simply 'right-click' on the image and 'view image' to see the
at its original resolution. Otherwise, click on the image below to
view the 'hi-rez' version.
Descriptive Key to the DeskCam Image
Clockwise from top left --
- Photograph of a western columbine Aquilegia
- Need a haircut? Dial 241-7111 and make an appointment with Danielle.
- Either I didn't get enough sleep last night, or I poured contact
cleaning solution in my eye
- Take a peek out my (virtual)
- Meet my best buddies.
- Your Logo Here - beg, barter, trade - all offers considered - contact
Nestle, Taco Bell, Nike, Dockers, where are you?
- Surpass Facial Tissue POP-UP (R) Box - one-at-a-time
dispensing reduces waste. - Manufactured in the U.S.A by Kimberly-Clark
Corporation, Roswell, GA. POP-UP is a registered trademark of Kimberly-Clark
Canada, (C) 1992, 1993, 1996 K-C Corp. All rights reserved.
- My prized "Hot
Dog on a Stick" Celebrating 50 years of fast, fresh, friendly
service drinking glass. Don't know much about their hot dogs (I'm vegetarian)
but the fresh squeezed lemonade is WONDERFUL. "The Hat's Where it's
- An IBM model 13H6690! incredible...
- My phone - a ROLM RP612L
Don't call me, I'll call you...
- I don't always wear a suit on work
days, but I NEVER wear one during off hours.
In addition -
Back to DeskCam
Home, sweet home...