Tales of the Beanworld
The Beanworld Glossary
- Artist & creator of the Fabulous Look·See·Show.
- The totality of everything.
- Bone Zone
- Strata of Hoi-Polloi skulls beneath the Four Realities.
- Boom'r Band
- Beanworld musicians.
- A dark stony substance. The Beans eat it and the Hoi-Polloi use it for money.
- The act of consuming food.
- Chowdown Pool
- Giant tub used by the Beans as a communal feeding place.
- Chow Sol'jer Army
- They steal Chow from the Hoi-Polloi. Mr. Spook is
the leader of the army's two divisions: The Spear Fling'n Flank'rs and
The Chow Pluk'rs.
- Clang Twang
- Perilous music made from Mystery Pods. It makes the Beans weak.
- Der Stinkle
- The cold, dark world directly beneath the Hoi-Polloi's floor. It was formerly inhabited by bugs.
- Beanish's secret friend and muse.
- Elusive Notworm
- Mr. Spook's companion and dance partner, formerly a segment of his trusty Fork.
- Goof-Off Day
- A day when no Sprout-Butt falls from Gran'Ma'Pa. The Beans are free to do what they want on these days.
- Goofy Jerks
- Reproductive Propellant maintenance and delivery
- All-purpose adhesive.
- Float Factor
- When Twinks get near Mystery Pods, both objects transform into
a new entity that floats in the air.
- The Four Realities
- (Slats, Hoops, Twinks and Chips) Easily obtainable raw materials for Beanworld industry. For example, a Chip and a Slat can be
gunk'l'dunked together to make a spear.
- Hoi-Polloi Ring Herd
- Greedy, gambling folk. The only creatures with the ability to process
Sprout-Butts into Chow. General adversaries to the Beans.
- The Legendary Edge
- Departure point for trips to the Four Realities and below.
- Mr. Spook
- Heroic leader of the Chow Sol'jer Army.
- Mystery Pods
- Powerful objects of unknown origin. Used in the Float Factor.
- What Mr. Spook's Fork was made of. Also used in composition of Goofy Jerks. Also known as Tu'ba'lu Squib'r'ish.
- Home of the baby Beans. [Also denotes a class of worlds in the Big·Big·Picture.]
- Pod'l'pool Cuties
- The baby Beans.
- Professor Garbanzo
- Thinker & toolmaker.
- Proverbial Sandy Beach
- Re-entry point from trips to the Four Realities and below.
- Reproductive Propellant
- Substance produced by an influence that allows its world to increase its population. Also known as blessing stuff. See "Mr. Teach'm's Influence and World Tour" in issue 19 for more information.
- Secret Sketch
- Circular Float Factor device that mysteriously transports Beanish to Dreamishness for daily midday visits.
- Service Stations
- Home bases for the Goofy Service Jerks. Where reproductive propellant factories [influences] are located.
- Vocal off-shoot of Gran'Ma'Pa. Only the Hoi-Polloi possess the skill to turn Sprout-Butts into Chow.
- Thin Lake
- Fresh water covering the Four Realities.